The idea behind KinetiCoach came from three military fighter pilots who often traveled around the world, and needed a way to quickly create a workout in a place with limited, or no availability of workout equipment. The classic, hotel-gym predicament. When the client came to us, they had been looking for a new developer, one who had the experience to help them expand the concept outside of just the original iPhone platform.
The first order of business was for Epic to beef up the app’s infrastructure and payment model, to allow the platform to scale. Epic then completely redesigned the app’s user interface. Upon completion of the redesign, we built out the new Android app to compliment the iPhone app.
- Custom Workout Builder – a simple in-app method for quickly building a customized workout based on available equipment types, time available, intensity levels, and fitness goals
- Daily Challenges – curated workouts generate from within the app
- KinetiCrew – create or join workout teams for additional motivation
- Extensive workout demos library with fast-loading GIF files for convenient gym viewing, as well as in-depth video instructions
- Workout history, tracking and reports with gamification of successfully completed workouts
- Versatile timer with stopwatch, countdown and programmable interval functions